History

2017

Integration of Enastra AG (former Alpiq EcoServices Ltd.) into the Amstein + Walthert Group.

2015

The Schnyder Engineering Firm is integrated into A+W Holding.

2014

Amstein + Walthert Holding AG establishes a subsidiary in France: Amstein + Walthert SAS with headquarters in Lyon. A+W's lighting design division merges with Reflexion AG under the name of Reflexion AG.

2009

The 34 Amstein + Walthert partners found Amstein + Walthert Holding AG and transfer their shares to the new company. The holding company is now the owner of all of Amstein+Walthert's stakeholdings.

Amstein + Walthert merges the divisions that were responsible for the market segments infrastructure engineering, tunnel installations, intelligent transport systems, railway engineering and risk management under the new company Amstein + Walthert Progress AG.

2008

Amstein+Walthert AG acquires the Basel-based HVAC and plumbing engineering company Landert+Partner GmbH on 1 July 2008.

2007

Integration of Schär AG - Haustechnische Energieprojekte into Amstein + Walthert St. Gallen AG. The Frauenfeld office is made into a subsidiary of Amstein + Walthert AG in Zurich.

2006

Christian Appert is appointed as the new managing director of the Zurich-based company.

1997

The group of shareholders is expanded and the division director and managing director of the A+W Group become partners of Amstein + Walthert AG. A subsidiary is founded in Chur.

1990

The enterprise's management is restructured as R. Amstein retires. Dr. R. Walthert takes over as CEO. The range of services is significantly expanded to include tunnel engineering, building systems engineering, HVAC and plumbing engineering, and the electrical engineering division is reinforced.

1985

The engineering firm is reorganised under the name Amstein + Walthert AG. Subsidiaries are founded in Geneva, Bern and Aarau, and the firm's offices in Lausanne and St. Gallen are expanded.

1975

Reorganisation in the form of a public limited company

1947

E. Brauchli becomes a shareholder in the company and the firm is renamed H.W. Schuler & E. Brauchli.

1927

H.W. Schuler and S.L. Schild found an engineering firm for electrical systems in Zurich.